Go definition, go meaning
go (plural goes)
- A turn at something.
- Youâ€™ve been on it long enoughâ€”now let your brother have a go.
- A turn in a game.
- Itâ€™s your go.
- An attempt.
- Iâ€™ll give it a go.
- An approval to do something or a something that has been approved to do.
- We will begin as soon as the boss says it"s a go.
- (move from one place to another further away): move, travel, wend, wend one"s way
- (disappear): disappear, vanish
- (be destroyed): disintegrate
- (burst into laughter): burst into laughter, burst out laughing
- (work): function, work
- (fit): fit
- (have as its/their proper place): belong
- (take a turn in a game): move, make one"s move, take oneâ€™s turn
- (urinate): pee
- (move from one place to another further away):
- (move to a nearer place): [[come]]
- (not move): [[freeze]], [[halt]], [[remain]], stand still, [[stay]], [[stop]]
- (disappear): [[remain]], [[stay]]
2 letters in word "go": G O.
No anagrams for go found in this word list.
More info about go >
- travel: change location; move, travel, or proceed; "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen ... follow a procedure or take a course; "We should go farther in this matter"; "She went through a lot of trouble"; "go about the world in a certain manner"; "Messages must go through diplomatic channels" move away from a place into another direction; "Go away before I start to cry"; "The train departs at noon" become: enter or assume a certain state or condition; "He became annoyed when he heard the bad news"; "It must be getting more serious"; "her face went red with anger"; "She went into ecstasy"; "Get going!" be awarded; be allotted; "The first prize goes to Mary"; "Her money went on clothes" run: have a particular form; "the story or argument runs as follows"; "as the saying goes..." run: stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point; "Service runs all the way to Cranbury"; "His knowledge doesn't go very far"; "My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"; "The facts extend beyond a consideration of her ... proceed: follow a certain course; "The inauguration went well"; "how did your interview go?" be abolished or discarded; "These ugly billboards have to go!"; "These luxuries all had to go under the Khmer Rouge" be or continue to be in a certain condition; "The children went hungry that day" sound: make a certain noise or sound; "She went `Mmmmm'"; "The gun went `bang'" function: perform as expected when applied; "The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"; "Does this old car still run well?"; "This old radio doesn't work anymore" run low: to be spent or finished; "The money had gone after a few days"; "Gas is running low at the gas stations in the Midwest" move: progress by being changed; "The speech has to go through several more drafts"; "run through your presentation before the meeting" survive: continue to live; endure or last; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?" pass, fare, or elapse; of a certain state of affairs or action; "How is it going?"; "The day went well until I got your call" die: pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "They children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102" belong: be in the right place or situation; "Where do these books belong?"; "Let's put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government"; "Where do these books go?" be ranked or compare; "This violinist is as good as Juilliard-trained violinists go" start: begin or set in motion; "I start at eight in the morning"; "Ready, set, go!" move: have a turn; make one's move in a game; "Can I go now?" be contained in; "How many times does 18 go into 54?" be sounded, played, or expressed; "How does this song go again?" blend: blend or harmonize; "This flavor will blend with those in your dish"; "This sofa won't go with the chairs" lead, extend, or afford access; "This door goes to the basement"; "The road runs South" fit: be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired; "This piece won't fit into the puzzle" a time for working (after which you will be relieved by someone else); "it's my go"; "a spell of work" rifle: go through in search of something; search through someone's belongings in an unauthorized way; "Who rifled through my desk drawers?" Adam: street names for methylenedioxymethamphetamine be spent; "All my money went for food and rent" crack: a usually brief attempt; "he took a crack at it"; "I gave it a whirl" plump: give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number; "I plumped for the losing candidates" a board game for two players who place counters on a grid; the object is to surround and so capture the opponent's counters functioning correctly and ready for action; "all systems are go" fail: stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
- Go! is the third album by the band Letters to Cleo. This was their first album without the band's original drummer, Stacy Jones, and the first with Tom Polce in his place.
- The verb to go is irregular, and apart from be is the only suppletive verb in English.
- "Go" is a song by the American rock band Pearl Jam, released on their second album Vs. It was released as a single in 1993. The guitar riff for "Go" was written by drummer Dave Abbruzzese. The song was nominated the Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance in 1995. ...
- * (please see The Go, for the garage rock band from Detroit, MI)
- Go! is the 2007 second official single released by singer Mario from his third album Go!. It features a high up-tempo beat. This is the 1st single where he uses vulgar language. It was produced by The Neptunes, and written by Pharrell Williams.
- Go is the semi-auto-biographical novel by John Clellon Holmes. It is the first novel to depict the Beat Generation. All of the characters are based on the real life friends Holmes used to hang around with in the 1940s and 1950s in Manhattan. ...
- Go is a Saturday morning entertainment show on the Radio One network of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, hosted by Brent Bambury. This show includes interviews, music, live performances, and comedy bits.
- GO! is an American hardcore punk band that were active in the late 1980s and early 1990s and reunited in 2006.
- Go is the upcoming album by singer Mario, set for release on July 31, 2007.
- go! is an airline division within the Mesa Airlines subsidiary of Mesa Air Group. It provides interisland service within the state of Hawaii. Its flights are operated by Mesa Airlines.
- Go is the title of the fourth, and most recent, album released by H2O. It was released on May 15, 2001. This and the All We Want EP are the only releases the band made with the major label, MCA Records.
- Go is a 1999 film directed by Doug Liman, with three intertwining plots that happen to involve one drug deal.
- Go was a game show seen on NBC from October 3, 1983, to January 20, 1984. Two teams of five players created a series of questions one word at a time, hoping that a team member could guess a series of words and/or phrases being described. ...
- Go is a 2001 movie by Isao Yukisada, starring Kubozuka Y?suke (Sugihara/Lee) and K? Shibasaki (Tsubaki Sakurai). ...
- Go is a strategic board game for two players. It is also known as Weiqi in Chinese (Traditional Chinese: ??; Simplified Chinese: ??), Igo or Go in Japanese (Kanji: ?? or ?), and Baduk in Korean (Hangul:??). ...
- Go! is the second single from Common's album Be. Its subject matter deals with sexual fantasies. It features production and backing vocals by Kanye West. It also features backing vocals by John Mayer, percussion by Num Amuntehu and scratches from A-Trak. ...
- Go is solo debut of Sarah Bettens. This album is more quiet and poppy than her work for K's Choice. The CD includes two versions of the music video of the single Fine.
- Go was a television series for children that aired late-mornings on Saturdays on NBC between September of 1973 and September of 1976. It had the shortest title for a TV series until V debuted in 1984 on the same network. The first two seasons of Go explored various different occupations. ...
- GO is an album by Christian pop and rock band Newsboys. It was released on 30 October 2006. An EP, entitled Go EP, was released on iTunes as a preview. It featured the songs "Wherever We Go", "Go", and "I Am Free" from the album.
- "Go" is a single by New Zealand band, Steriogram.
- Go is an album by Pat Benatar released in 2003. It is her most recent album since 1997's Innamorata and her only release of new material to date in the 2000s.
- Go was a family board game, based on international travel, manufactured by Waddingtons Ltd in the 1960's. ...
- Go! is the third studio album released by the hard rock band Fair Warning.
- Go (1962) is an album by jazz musician Dexter Gordon.
- "Go" is the twenty-first episode of the television series Prison Break and the penultimate episode of the first season. The episode is written by series producer Matt Olmstead and directed by Dean White. It features the second escape attempt led by the protagonist, Michael Scofield.
- Go was the fifth album by Vertical Horizon, released in 2003 by RCA Records. It was originally scheduled to be released in 2002, but management changes at RCA led to a year delay. The first single off the album was "I'm Still Here", which had been added to the album during the delay period. ...
- A municipal bond secured by the pledge of the issuer’s full faith, credit and taxing power.
- Guest Observer. This means you.
- Chance or turn, as in Give me a go, or Give the bloke a fair go, matey. Also way, as This is the go.
- an artist's "pen name" or pseudonym; a board game of skill (Japanese checkers).
- The Go button in Internet Explorer is the button that can be pressed after an internet address has been typed in. Clicking on Go will then send you to that Web Site, you can also simply press return.
- Artist's name or pseudonym.
- A security backed by the full faith and credit of a state, locality, or other governmental authority. In the event of a default, holders of general obligation bonds have the right to compel a tax levy, other borrowing, or legislative appropriation in order to satisfy the debt obligation.
- The 'art name'; a pseudonym, or pen-name used by an artist. Often passed down in a school, from the old head to the new head.
- The acceleration response in horse training that provides forward motion. The go response is trained via negative reinforcement using the rider’s legs under-saddle and using anterior lead rein pressure when working a horse inhand. ...
- These bonds are secured by the full faith and credit of the issuing government. A property tax rate is established to redeem these bonds.
- vaya (Is) Hand, fingers extended and together with palm facing gesturer, moves up and down once or twice.
- Government, Level-Payment Mortgages; Single-Family; each pool is comprised entirely of loans which were delinquent for 90 days or more during the 12 months prior to the Pool Issue Date. All loans are current as of the Pool Issue Date.
- a bond secured by the pledge of the issuer's full faith and credit. For local government GO debt issues, at the time that the GO bonds are issued, the municipality puts in place a property tax levy that is sufficient to pay the principal and interest payments over the life of the GO debt being ...
- The Government Offices (GOs) were created in 1994 to improve the way central Government prepares and delivers its policies and programmes, and more effectively align delivery of national, regional and local priorities.
- a complicated game somewhat like checkers
- A publication used to summarize changes to the Timetable and other instruction manuals. GO's contain revision pages for the Timetable, and are issued periodically by the designated officer.
- gonion The most posterior inferior point on the outline of the angle of the mandible.
- An artist's pen-name or psuedonym. An artist may use a variety of go throughout his career.
- is an ancient strategic board game originating in China between 2000 BC and 200 BC. It is highly popular in eastern Asia, and play on the Internet has served to greatly increase its popularity throughout the rest of the world in recent years. In China it is called ?? w?q? ...
- On The Go IS EVOLVING BOOKMARK THIS PAGE AND EXPERIENCE THE CHANGES. Copyright 1994 - 2010 All Rights · Cached - Go Games, Go Information and Go Study ToolsAn encyclopedia of go topics, including rules, stories, tournaments, computers, and resources for the study and enjoyment of the · Cached pageTake Me Out To The Go-Go (TMOTTGoGo)Online magazine has articles, photos, links, bulletin board, newsletter, radio broadcasts, CDs and band · Cached pageGo Guitars - Travel Guitars ManufacturerGo instruments are designed to be traveling guitars and that is what we specialize in. Whether you are looking for an RV touring guitar, camping guitar, backpacking guitar, boating ...www.go- · Cached pageGo | Define Go at go 1 / goʊ / Show Spelled [ goh ] Show IPA verb, went, gone, go·ing, noun, plural goes, interjection, adjective –verb (used without object) 1. to move or /browse/go · Cached pageKGS Go ServerServer for reviewing games with an opponent, accessible with a client or online using · Cached pageWelcome to the American Go AssociationIncludes news, links, and · Cached pageGO HAVERFORD! - brought to you by FIGThank you to everyone who took the 2010 Clearness Committee Survey!go.haverford.edu · Cached pagego - English-French Dictionary go - French Dictionary Translation ... NOTE: As an intransitive verb go as a simple intransitive verb is translated by aller: where are you going? = où vas-tu?;/enfr/go · Cached pageGO - mobile tv phone internetPremier League reaffirms GO’s exclusivity of English football Free GO sports tv open viewing weekend Prime Minister visits GO’s renovated tv .mt · Cached pageGO AIRPORT SHUTTLE - Share Ride Airport Shuttle Service | Airport ...Airport Shuttle Transportation provided by GO Airport Shuttle is a nationwide, shared-ride, door-to-door airport shuttle ground transportation service to over 50 airports. We also · Cached pageThe Gene OntologyWelcome to the Gene Ontology website! The Gene Ontology project is a major bioinformatics initiative with the aim of standardizing the representation of gene and gene product · Cached pagego - English-Spanish Dictionary - go - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions ... Subscribe to the Oxford Concise or Unabridged dictionary for more translations, meanings and /es/translation.asp?tranword=go · Cached pageLearn more about GoGo, known in Chinese as weiqi (simplified Chinese: 围棋; traditional Chinese: 圍棋; pinyin: wéiqí; Wade-Giles: wei ch'i) and in Korean as baduk, is an ancient board game for two players that is noted for being rich in strategy despite its ...Source: FreebaseRelated Searches for go
- Go Mokulele - Hawaiian InterIsland Airline Flights – Mesa Discount ... Fly Go! Mokulele Hawaiian low cost Inter island airline operated by Mesa airlines offers low fares and Interisland flight specials. Purchase airline tickets · Cached pagego: Definition, Synonyms from v. , went ( wĕnt ), gone ( gôn, gŏn ), go·ing , goes ( gōz ). v.intr. To move or travel; proceed: We will go by bus. Solicitors went from door to door seeking donations /topic/go · Cached page//GO GO music DC GO-GO bands GOGO clubs - Directory of Go-Go Music in ...Directory of Go-Go Music in Washington DC MD and VA. · Cached pageGo-go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- - Official Home Page Discover how can launch your online experience with Search, fun stuff to do, and the latest Sports, News, Entertainment, and Movies from the top sources on the web. Make GO · Cached pageGoogleGoogle allows users to search the Web for images, news, products, video, and other · Cached pageGo (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia